1. Make sure your feet are shoulder width apart, establishing a good base.
2. Form a good 80-85 degree knee bend
3. Jump to the left slowly to balance your body on your left foot, with your right leg raised (but bent) behind your left leg.
4. Extend your bent left arm across your body or chest level.
5. Jump to the right slowly to balance your body on your right foot, with your left leg raised (but bent) behind your right leg.
6. Extend your bent right arm across your body at chest level
The skater jump helps you focus on leg power, stability, vertical jumps, and speed.